Posted to dev@oodt.apache.org by Radu Manole <ma...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/24 00:06:26 UTC

Apache Avro - using strings or creating schema objects.

I have a question, in the catalog module, I want to use avro-rpc from
CommunicationChannel, based on xmlrpc example. But xmlrpc implementation is
using a Serializer class to transform OODT objects to strings. This is done
because xmlrpc support strings by default. My question is,
witch is better for avro-rpc, to create objects using avro schema, or to
use Serializer class and send strings.

Momentary I will implement using strings.
Thanks,
Radu.

Re: Apache Avro - using strings or creating schema objects.

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Radu,
The IDL is also an excellent way to go but please consider the JSON schemas
I provided you with, they will most likely save you trouble.
Thanks
Lewis

--
*Lewis*

Re: Apache Avro - using strings or creating schema objects.

Posted by Radu Manole <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Posted by BW <bw...@mysoftcloud.com>.
You can also embed jannson in Avro-rpc.