Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Jagane Sundar <ja...@sundar.org> on 2012/03/05 18:47:40 UTC

Some s3n improvements to the 1.0 branch? Also, is there a 1.1.0 planned?

Hello All,

I would like to make some enhancements to the s3n driver in branch-1.0.

Specifically, I would like to accomplish the following:
1. Backport HADOOP-5836
2. Update the jets3t library from 0.6.1 to 0.8.1. This entails code changes in the s3n driver to track API changes in jets3t version 0.8.1. I filed a jira, HADOOP-8136, to track this.

The question I have is this - where does it make sense to put these fixes in? Is there a Release 1.1.0 planned? Or is it merely a 1.0.[23] type of change?

Thanks in advance,
Jagane

RE: Some s3n improvements to the 1.0 branch? Also, is there a 1.1.0 planned?

Posted by Jagane Sundar <ja...@sundar.org>.
Hey Arun,

Thanks for the clarification. ('tis not pedantic - seems like good practice..)

Jagane

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

RE: Some s3n improvements to the 1.0 branch? Also, is there a 1.1.0 planned?

Posted by Jagane Sundar <ja...@sundar.org>.
Thanks, Eli.

Posted by Eli Collins <el...@cloudera.com>.
Hey Jagane,