Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Mehdi Bahribayli <ba...@yahoo.com> on 2006/08/20 11:58:33 UTC

tiles - tiles stand-alone stability level

   What is stability level of tiles stand-alone (Developing, Evolving)? Will it go through backward incompatible changes?

---------------------------------

[tiles] Re: tiles - tiles stand-alone stability level

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <br...@tariffenet.it>.
Mehdi Bahribayli ha scritto:

>    What is stability level of tiles stand-alone (Developing, Evolving)?

Tiles 2 (the new name of standalone Tiles) is still in the sandbox,
therefore it is still under (heavy) development.
http://struts.apache.org/struts-sandbox/tiles/index.html

> Will it go through backward incompatible changes?

Yes, especially in the Tiles definitions DTD and in tag libraries. Check
these issues out:
http://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/SB-21
http://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/SB-30
These changes, anyway, are made with the hope of simplifying development.

Ciao
Antonio