Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Nick Stuart <ba...@gmail.com> on 2004/11/18 17:15:44 UTC

Npe with PropertySelection

I am running into a problem with the PropertySelection. I keep getting
NullPointerExceptions whenever I go to submit the form.
The top of the stacktrace is:
    * org.apache.tapestry.form.PropertySelection.renderComponent(PropertySelection.java:94)
    * org.apache.tapestry.AbstractComponent.render(AbstractComponent.java:857)
    * org.apache.tapestry.AbstractComponent.renderBody(AbstractComponent.java:624)
    * org.apache.tapestry.form.Form.renderComponent(Form.java:362)

Ok, figured it out while I was trying to explain the problem and I
think this would qualify as a big GOTCHA!

Apparently the properties for the PropertySelection models NEED to be
abstract in your class. I had them defined with simple getter/setter
methods, and thats when things were busting. I took those out and made
it all abstract, and now its working!! there goes 2 hours of my life!!
:)

-Nick