Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/02 09:33:06 UTC

[SFTP TEST] - Help test the SFTP (also FTP if you like) component due changes in Camel 2.5

Hi

We had some reports about some FTP servers not being able to download
files if you refer to the files using paths.
So we changed the logic to use a pattern where Camel will cd the
path(s) first and then issue the download.

The problem seems to be related to SFTP but if you use FTP then you
are more than welcome to test as well.

However we have a Camel end user with problems on the SFTP component:
http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/How-to-change-directory-while-using-sftp-component-tp2806817p2806817.html

As testing SFTP from unit test is not possible, its a manual test
process. So I would love the community to help out and give
the latest source code (Camel 2.5) a test run in your system if you use SFTP.

We do have extensive tests for the FTP in place. And the logic between
the FTP and SFTP is 1:1 so when we do a code change in
FTP we do the same change in SFTP (and vice-versa). So that helps
keeps things in-sync.
But unit testing can't substitute testing in real near production systems.

The problem seems to be related to when using recursive=true and
having Camel download files from sub folders.
So if you can test that part as well, would be lovely.

You can grab the source code and build yourself if you like
http://camel.apache.org/building.html

Or you can find the 2.5-SNAPSHOT from the download page, you need to
download all the .jars manually from the maven repo
http://camel.apache.org/download

Or if you use maven in your project you can change the camel version
to 2.5-SNAPSHOT as shown on that download link above.

--
Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer

Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/