Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Muhammed Sameer <sa...@yahoo.com> on 2009/04/08 10:59:49 UTC

Talking to solr

Salaam,

I am running solr on port 8080 of my box, I need to write a check that actually telnets tothe solr box and exchanges some commands, so I can be sure that solr is up and running

Is there something that I can do to achieve this, like when we telnet to the mail server we can exchange the helo commands , is there something similar with solr also ?

Regards,
Muhammed Sameer

Re: Talking to solr

Posted by "Markus Jelsma - Buyways B.V." <ma...@buyways.nl>.
Hello,

For checking if Solr is up and running you could ping it on the
following URL:
http://coconuts:8080/solr/admin/ping/?echoParams=none

<response>
<lst name="responseHeader">
<int name="status">0</int>
<int name="QTime">3</int>
</lst>
<str name="status">OK</str>
</response>

This should always return OK, if not, if probably down

-
Markus Jelsma                  Buyways B.V.             Tel. 050-3118123
Technisch Architect            Friesestraatweg 215c     Fax. 050-3118124
http://www.buyways.nl          9743 AD Groningen        KvK  01074105