Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by francois de campredon <fr...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/26 13:02:38 UTC

[CONTRIBUTION] Spark Components

Hello,

I have created some Spark Components (DateChooser, and PopUpButton) that i
would like to contribute to the apache flex project.

You can find sources and examples on my github at this
address<https://github.com/fdecampredon/SparkComponents>
.

I would be grateful to receive your feedbacks on this components and would
be able to rapidly update them accordingly.

In the future, I would also like to have the opportunity  to contribute
proactively to the Apache Flex project.

My company has agreed to free up some of my time to contribute to the
Apache Flex project.

Let me know.

Regards,

François de Campredon

+33 xxxxxxx

Flex Architect

www.kapit.fr
Kap IT Labs, http://lab.kapit.fr

Re: [CONTRIBUTION] Spark Components

Posted by Marcus Fritze <ma...@googlemail.com>.
To be honest, I don’t know. I am not the developer of the components.
I didn’t tried the DateChooser. Maybe, the skin is not found or not set (which is in defaults.css).

I only tried the PopUpButton, because I my project I need a easy skinnable PopUpButon.
So I was looking for the Spark PopUpButton and I found this old e-mail topic about this issue here.

It looks like the PopUpButton is working for me.

Posted by Marcus Fritze <ma...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by "Guthmann, Scott" <sg...@on3solutions.com>.
Francois de Campredon:

Posted by Shammi Seth <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

i checked your dateChooser component it looks good i will get to learn
something from it, i found a small bug. when u select first day of week to
be a non zero then the selected date is highlighted in the wrong cell. for
example: change the firstdayofweek to be 2 and clcik on 11th  it will
highlight 15th date but the selected date will be 11th.

I joined the flex - dev yesterday. hope i can pick up soon. thanks.

Posted by Doug Arthur <do...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 3:41 AM, francois de campredon
<fr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi thanks for your quick reply,
> I will try to create a set of unit test for this components.
> For the locale, i took back the logic from the mx DateChooser (so
> daysNames,firstDayOfWeek,monthNames,monthSymbol and yearSymbol are
> retrieved from the controls resource bundle).
> I added the possibility of switching locale into the example to let you
> check that.
> I also corrected some minor bug, i'll look for the bug that you described
> shammy.

You should probably use the flash.globalization /
spark.formatters.DateTimeFormatter (uses flash.globalization) for
date/time locale specific formatting. The flash.globalization package
allows flash to get the date and time format preferences directly from
the OS, which is much better IMO.

- Doug

Re: [CONTRIBUTION] Spark Components

Posted by francois de campredon <fr...@gmail.com>.