Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Alexis <al...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/01 09:37:35 UTC

Re: Does Nutch 2.0 in good enough shape to test?

Hi,

First of, thanks for your feedback. I get to know which sections need
more information and update the tutorial accordingly.

> Im trying to run the main method in org.apache.nutch.crawl.Crawler. Figured
> it would work pretty much the same as org.apache.nutch.crawl.Crawl in Nutch
> 1.2
I tested the crawl command from bin/nutch script, which runs
underlying org.apache.nutch.crawl.Crawler class.

> Does that work for you? Could you try and parse a few HTML files with
> parse-html?
See http://techvineyard.blogspot.com/2010/12/build-nutch-20.html#crawl
for all the details of the test. It worked for me after I patched a
few stuff. They are described throughout the blog entry or in this new
JIRA-950 issue which, among others, reopens JIRA-899.

Hope this helps.

Alexis.

Re: Does Nutch 2.0 in good enough shape to test?

Posted by "O. Klein" <kl...@octoweb.nl>.
Thanx a bunch,

I got it working after changing the arguments for
org.apache.nutch.crawl.Crawler. It didn't handle -dir very well, which makes
sense :)