Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Benyi Wang <be...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/08 23:38:59 UTC

HBaseBulkLoad from Hive question.

I encountered a problem when I follow this page:
https://cwiki.apache.org/Hive/hbasebulkload.html.

Our hbase need ints and doubles in binary format. And HBaseIntegration can
do this mapping. How can I do the bulk load with binary data?

Does this line in the hbasebulkload page means, no binary data is upported
in 0.9? "Support loading binary data representations once HIVE-1245 is
fixed"

I cannot insert data as binary in hbsort table because Hive only supports
convert string and binary to binary data.

If I write a UDF implements the mapping in HBaseIntegration, could you
point me the code for this conversion, from int/double into binary?