Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Antoine Chevrier <1a...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/01 21:33:59 UTC

Re: web-editor AMAYA software resurrection in Apache Foundation ?

Thank you Nick for your answers and comments.
I'm going to share thiswith the Amaya discussion list, and we will see if
something could be done.

For what I know, Amaya was first an INRIA project, integrating after W3C
supports.

> I see you use the word "resurrect" there.
Sorry for that term. It may be not a good one. You are right. I did not
want to hurt anyone. It was more a sort of image, saying: could Apache help
Amaya project, which *was* a web-editor software, according to the fact it
is not developed any more.

> a viable developer community around the project.  Does Amaya have that?
I'm afraid "not yet". A couple of individual developers from the Amaya
discussion list tried to improve some parts of the software during 2012 and
2013. In 2013, when I proposed to the Amaya discussion list to discuss how
we could relaunch the project, a dozen of people expressed their motivation
to help if a project to relaunch would be seriously done.

Freely,
Antoine

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Fri, Aug 1, 2014 at 9:33 PM, Antoine Chevrier
<1a...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...could Apache help
> Amaya project, which *was* a web-editor software, according to the fact it
> is not developed any more...

Apache doesn't "help" projects - we just provide a neutral space for
projects to exist.

If you and a few others are willing to continue Amaya development
here, and you have a way to get to code donated to the ASF that's in
line with how the Incubator works - but you'll need to first form the
group that will work on the incubating project.

-Bertrand