Posted to legal-discuss@apache.org by Lawrence Rosen <lr...@rosenlaw.com> on 2014/05/19 20:35:10 UTC

APIcon 2014

If any of you are going to be at the APIcon 2014 conference in San Francisco
on Thursday 29 May 2014, you might be interested in the following panel.

[see https://eegeventsite.secure.force.com/apicon/]

Keynote Panel: The API Copyright Emergency: What's Next?

The recent decision by the US Appellate Court in the case of Oracle v.
Google that APIs can be copyrighted has sent shockwaves through not just the
API Economy, but the entire technology industry. The decision has resulted
in widespread confusion about what the decision means, especially when it
comes to API fair use; a nuanced part of the ruling that was remanded back
to the Circuit Court for further deliberation. For this panel discussion
that we've scrambled together at the last minute, we've pulled together some
of the leading experts on the matter to debate the efficacy of the decision,
to help us understand what will or could happen next, and what action we
should be taking (or not taking) now.

Speaker for this topic:

NAME

COMPANY