Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Gautam Sampathkumar <gs...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/21 02:37:22 UTC

Building and deploying Cloud Agent from source

Hi all,
        Could someone let me know the steps to build Cloudstack agent from
source and deploy. Unable to really find any documentation on this.

thanks in advance.

--Gautam

Re: Building and deploying Cloud Agent from source

Posted by Edison Su <Ed...@citrix.com>.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 20, 2012, at 7:20 PM, "Gautam Sampathkumar" <gs...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your answer Edison. I was able to fix the issues with the
> missing JAR files and run the Agent. However I get a missing guid problem
> and it stops. This is on a machine that was running a release version of
> the cloud-agent previously. Not sure if that has any bearing on this
> problem.
>
> 2012-07-20 18:51:42,199 INFO  [utils.component.ComponentLocator]
> (main:null) Config file found at
> /root/apache-tomcat-6.0.33/conf/components.xml.  Configuring agent
> 2012-07-20 18:51:42,205 INFO  [cloud.agent.AgentShell] (main:null)
> Implementation Version is 3.0.3.2012-07-21T00:42:59Z
> 2012-07-20 18:51:42,206 ERROR [cloud.agent.AgentShell] (main:null) Unable
> to start agent: Unable to find the guid

Need to create an uuid in agent.properties: guid=a-uuid-generated-by-uuidgen
Also need to config guest/private/public.network.device = a-bridge-create-by-your-self, and zone/cluster/pod=the-id-of-which-zone/cluster/pod-you-want-to-add-into

Posted by Gautam Sampathkumar <gs...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Edison Su <Ed...@citrix.com>.