Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "HAVENS,PETER (HP-Cupertino,ex3)" <pe...@hp.com> on 2002/12/10 00:11:12 UTC

localization using tomcat filters

In the core technologies section of the struts web pages on Jakarta site
there is mention of filtering using javax.servlet.Filter class.  My question
is whether or not this would be the best technology to use to implement
localization of HTML pages for the Tomcat webserver.  Localized content for
JSP pages is easy, but I am after localization of actual HTML files as is
handled by the Apache webserver.  Where the webserver would choose the most
appropriate html page for a given request based on the locale of the
browser.

Any recommendations?

-Peter

different roles and sub-applications

Posted by Yang Liu <re...@verizon.net>.
Hi list,
  I am new to Struts.
  Ask for help and suggestions: my application will be used by different
user under different roles. Some roles can access certain items/fields in
database tables while other can't, and some can read/write tables etc.
  Application managed security is prefered because not sure what container
will be used.
  Struts 1.1 can have multuple sub-applications, will it be a good idea to
handle this via sub-applications? each role is mapped to a sub-application,
with a unique set of config, (which table can access, which item in that
table can access, whether can modify data or not, etc).
  If not using this approach, what will be a good way to do such things?
Using lot of request.isUserInRole( role ) seems too much to handle...

Thanks a lot,