Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Otho <ta...@googlemail.com> on 2009/04/14 15:52:40 UTC

T5 - Minor: Tapestry doesn't recognize is style getters in Domain Objects.

Just a minor thing I stumbled over.

When I have a property like this with an automatically created getter in a
domain object:

private Boolean enabled;

public Boolean isEnabled()
{
}

Tapestry says:
Render queue error in BeginRender[persons/PersonDetails:enabled]: Failure
reading parameter 'value' of component persons/PersonDetails:enabled:
Expression editPerson.enabled for class
org.example.myapp.pages.persons.PersonDetails is write-only.

I have to rename this to

public Boolean getEnabled()
{
}

and everything is fine. This is really a very minor nuisance but could be an
improvement in a future version (for booleans recognize both "get" and "is"
style getters).

Re: T5 - Minor: Tapestry doesn't recognize is style getters in Domain Objects.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Tapestry uses the Introspector class to analyze properties; that's the
definitive reference.  The isFlag() naming is for boolean primitives
only, not for the Boolean wrapper type.

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 7:01 AM, Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
<th...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have boolean (primitive) properties implemented as isSomething() in
> some entities and they are recognized by Tapestry. Maybe Tapestry does
> not recognizes Boolean (class) isSomething() properties.
>
> --
> Thiago

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry
Director of Open Source Technology at Formos

Re: T5 - Minor: Tapestry doesn't recognize is style getters in Domain Objects.