Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rodent of Unusual Size <CO...@PROCESS.COM> on 1997/11/25 16:46:00 UTC

IDG Netherlands (fwd)

    Acked.  Sounds like a good candidate for mod_rewrite, but I don't
    have time right now.  Anyone else?  Ralf?

    #ken    P-)}
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 17:22:39 +0100
From: Tom Albers <to...@idg.nl>
Subject: IDG Netherlands

Hi,

I've a question for you, maybe I'm not at correct place here, but maybe you
are willing to help me (could not find it anywhere on the web.
I'm working with Apache/1.2.4.

I have two domains (A & B). The server runs on A and there is a virtual
domain B. B has a seperate IP-number, working great. Now I want to start to
do a transition, the user goes to A and the url immediatly changes to B.

I thought I could do that in the 'ServerName', but it does only convert the
url, for people wich type in the ip-adress from A. It does not change the
name from A to B.

Can I do it with a Virtual Host section for the default domain or with a
PermanentRedirect ?

Would be great if you could help me.

Tom Albers
Webmaster
IDG Communications Netherlands
http://www.webwereld.nl

Re: IDG Netherlands (fwd)

Posted by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@elect6.jrc.it>.
I'll have a go; used to have dealings with them once upon
a time anyway.

Note the date by the way ? or is that just our fucked up
main infrastructure ?

DW.

On -1 xxx -1 COAR@PROCESS.COM wrote:

>     Acked.  Sounds like a good candidate for mod_rewrite, but I don't
>     have time right now.  Anyone else?  Ralf?
>
>     #ken    P-)}
> Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 17:22:39 +0100
> From: Tom Albers <to...@idg.nl>
> Subject: IDG Netherlands
>
> Hi,
>
> I've a question for you, maybe I'm not at correct place here, but maybe you
> are willing to help me (could not find it anywhere on the web.
> I'm working with Apache/1.2.4.
>
> I have two domains (A & B). The server runs on A and there is a virtual
> domain B. B has a seperate IP-number, working great. Now I want to start to
> do a transition, the user goes to A and the url immediatly changes to B.
>
> I thought I could do that in the 'ServerName', but it does only convert the
> url, for people wich type in the ip-adress from A. It does not change the
> name from A to B.
>
> Can I do it with a Virtual Host section for the default domain or with a
> PermanentRedirect ?
>
> Would be great if you could help me.
>
> Tom Albers
> Webmaster
> IDG Communications Netherlands
> http://www.webwereld.nl

http://cils.ceo.org                         http://enrm.ceo.org
dirkx@technologist.com                     Dirk.vanGulik@jrc.it
+39 332 78 0014       +39 332 78 9549       fax +39 332 78 9185
ISEI/ESBA;                     The Center For Earth Observation
Joint Research Centre of the European Communities, Ispra, Italy