Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Michael Weber <mw...@alliednational.com> on 2004/09/15 21:27:29 UTC

Subject line not modified

I just installed SA 3.0 RC5 on my test server.  The problem is, the
subject line is not being modified even though all the other headers are
there.

What did I miss?

Here's the lines from my local.cf.

Thanx!

-Michael

always_add_headers      1
report_safe             0
rewrite_subject         1
rewrite_header          %%SPAM%%% (_SCORE_)
dns_available           yes
subject_tag             %%SPAM%%% (_SCORE_)
use_terse_report        1
ok_locales              en
ok_languages            en

# Do not use NFS-safe file locking since we are not using NFS...
lock_method             flock

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This communication and any
attached or enclosed files may contain information
that is privileged, confidential, proprietary and/or
otherwise protected from disclosure under applicable
law ("Confidential Information").  Any review,
retransmission, publication, dissemination,
distribution, forwarding, printing, copying, storing, saving
or other use or disclosure of this communication and/or the
Confidential Information, or taking any action in reliance
thereon, by an individual or entity other than the intended
recipient(s) is strictly prohibited.

This communication and the Confidential Information are
intended solely for the use of the individual(s) and/or
entity(ies) to which this communication is addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient(s) (or responsible
for delivery to said recipient(s)), please be advised
that you have received this communication in error and
have an obligation to promptly inform the sender by reply
e-mail or facsimile and to permanently delete, shred or
otherwise destroy, in its entirety, this original communication
and all copies thereof, whether in electronic or hard copy format.

Re: Subject line not modified

Posted by Michael Parker <pa...@pobox.com>.
On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 02:27:29PM -0500, Michael Weber wrote:
> I just installed SA 3.0 RC5 on my test server.  The problem is, the
> subject line is not being modified even though all the other headers are
> there.
>
> What did I miss?
>
> Here's the lines from my local.cf.
>
> Thanx!
>
> -Michael
>
> always_add_headers      1
> report_safe             0
> rewrite_subject         1
> rewrite_header          %%SPAM%%% (_SCORE_)
> dns_available           yes
> subject_tag             %%SPAM%%% (_SCORE_)
> use_terse_report        1
> ok_locales              en
> ok_languages            en

Hi Michael,

Here is what you missed:

In UPGRADE:

- The "rewrite_subject" and "subject_tag" configuration options were
  deprecated and are now removed. Instead, using "rewrite_header
  Subject
  [your desired setting]".  e.g.

    rewrite_subject 1
    subject_tag ****SPAM(_SCORE_)****