Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by James liu <li...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/26 06:46:53 UTC

facet should add facet.analyzer

facet.analyzer is true, do analyze, if false don't analyze.

why i say that, Chinese word not use space to split, so if analyzed, it will
change.

now i will use map to fix it before no facet.analyzer.

--
regards
jl

Re: facet should add facet.analyzer

Posted by James liu <li...@gmail.com>.
2007/5/29, Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>:

> : > facet.analyzer is true, do analyze, if false don't analyze.
>
> : What if Solr doesn't have access to the unindexed version?  My
> : suggestion would be to copyField into an unanalyzed version, and
> : facet on that.

me too.

yeah, i'm not even sure that i understand the orriginal suggestion clearly
> (i'd need a more concrete example) but analysis doesn't just happen at
> query

i know it.

(or facet) time) ... there's also the indexing aspect of it.  in
> general, options which disable "query time" analysis don't really make
> sense because no query time option can undo the fact that "index time"
> analysis has already taken place.

it seems that only map facet value by solr or by web(if use web language) to
avoid
facet value be analyzed(english value have space, chinese value will be
analyzed.).

-Hoss

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: > facet.analyzer is true, do analyze, if false don't analyze.

: What if Solr doesn't have access to the unindexed version?  My
: suggestion would be to copyField into an unanalyzed version, and
: facet on that.

yeah, i'm not even sure that i understand the orriginal suggestion clearly
(i'd need a more concrete example) but analysis doesn't just happen at
query (or facet) time) ... there's also the indexing aspect of it.  in

Posted by Mike Klaas <mi...@gmail.com>.
On 25-May-07, at 9:46 PM, James liu wrote:

> facet.analyzer is true, do analyze, if false don't analyze.
>
> why i say that, Chinese word not use space to split, so if
> analyzed, it will
> change.
>
> now i will use map to fix it before no facet.analyzer.

What if Solr doesn't have access to the unindexed version?  My
suggestion would be to copyField into an unanalyzed version, and
facet on that.

cheers,
-Mike