Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Miroslav Vadkerti <mv...@redhat.com> on 2022/05/10 13:24:40 UTC

Getting message ID of a sent message via python-qpid-proton

Hi,

We have this code to send messages to our internal deployment of AMQP:

https://gitlab.com/testing-farm/gluetool-modules/-/blob/main/gluetool_modules/helpers/publisher_umb_bus.py

We are using MessagingHandler.

We wanted to add a feature to print message ID after the message is
settled, but we are failing to find a way how to get it.

https://gitlab.com/testing-farm/gluetool-modules/-/merge_requests/164/diffs#080fe4877570c38b976a1895455d1e0af6f5a6f7_221_232

Is there a way to gather the message id via python-qpid-proton after
the message settled, please?

Thanks,
/M

--
Miroslav Vadkerti :: Senior Principal QE :: Testing Farm / Linux QE
IRC mvadkert #tft #tmt #osci :: Mobile +420 773 944 252

Re: Getting message ID of a sent message via python-qpid-proton

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
The message wont have an id unless you set one on it before sending,
which I dont see your sending code doing (it isnt set by the client,
unlike say in JMS).