Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Darren Salomons <na...@digid.mailcan.com> on 2007/10/01 16:04:30 UTC

ghost dependencies

When I package up my WAR file I get a jar file(avalon-framework) bundled up
with it that is not a dependency nor a transitive dependency.  Running
dependency:resolve it mysteriously shows up as a compile time dependency but
when I run the dependency:tree it doesn't show up.  I did a full text search
for avalon-framework in my pom files in my local repo and the only hit is
the avalon-framework pom.  The jar is not in my WEB-INF/lib in case you're
wondering.  How could this be happening?

Re: ghost dependencies

Posted by Darren Salomons <na...@digid.mailcan.com>.
Thanks Nick, that helped.  I was confused because the dependency tree from
the command line in my site was not showing this transitive dependency.

Darren

Re: ghost dependencies

Posted by Nick Stolwijk <ni...@planet.nl>.

Re: ghost dependencies

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Is it possible that you used to have a dependency on it (perhaps
transitively), and haven't run "mvn clean" to remove it from target,
so it is still getting bundled in the WAR?

Wayne