Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es> on 2008/03/18 11:53:19 UTC

extending spring configuration via blocks

Hi all,

I am looking for information how to extend a spring bean that I have
defined in the core via blocks/plugins.

I have following configuration in my main spring context:
  <bean id="org.apache.droids.helper.factories.HandlerFactory"
    class="org.apache.droids.helper.factories.HandlerFactory">
    <property name="map">
      <map>
        <entry key="save" value-ref="org.apache.droids.handle.Save"/>
        <entry key="sysout"
value-ref="org.apache.droids.handle.Sysout"/>
      </map>
    </property>
  </bean>

I have a block that should extend
"org.apache.droids.helper.factories.HandlerFactory" adding a new entry
to the map. Meaning I want to keep the old configuration and on top want
to add some entries.

Is this possible and if so how?

salu2

Re: extending spring configuration via blocks

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>.
On Tue, 2008-03-18 at 13:11 +0100, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am looking for information how to extend a spring bean that I have
> > defined in the core via blocks/plugins.
> >
> > I have following configuration in my main spring context:
> >   <bean id="org.apache.droids.helper.factories.HandlerFactory"
> >     class="org.apache.droids.helper.factories.HandlerFactory">
> >     <property name="map">
> >       <map>
> >         <entry key="save" value-ref="org.apache.droids.handle.Save"/>
> >         <entry key="sysout"
> > value-ref="org.apache.droids.handle.Sysout"/>
> >       </map>
> >     </property>
> >   </bean>
> >
> > I have a block that should extend
> > "org.apache.droids.helper.factories.HandlerFactory" adding a new entry
> > to the map. Meaning I want to keep the old configuration and on top want
> > to add some entries.
> >
> > Is this possible and if so how?
> I think you're looking for a dynamic map, right?
>
> Have a look here:
> http://cocoon.apache.org/subprojects/configuration/1.0/spring-configurator/1.0/1400_1_1.html
>
> HTH
> Carsten

Thanks very much Carsten, yeah I was looking for that.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org