Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Ted Steen <te...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/17 18:29:39 UTC

4.1 Render Cycle

Hi,

I'm a little curious about the refactoring of the new render cycle in T4.1
How is it going and when will there be a beta release?
I am really excited about the new way of handling AJAX requests and
would like to try it all out.

ted

Re: 4.1 Render Cycle

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
Ahh....It's all going really well so far. The render cycle changes were made
with no ill effect (so far.., crossing fingers on first alpha release).

Yes I think tacos will definitely have to be rewritten. Hopefully the major
difference will be that tacos will no longer need to provide the
infrastructure to do ajax stuff, just components.

As for where which components should go I can't guess...I've stated that I
don't want to add any new components right away and yet I've already added
Autocomplete/new DatePicker/TimePicker.....Hopefully the biggest differences
will be 0 configuration needed (dojo included) , very
reliable/tested/production ready ajax functionality, and much much cleaner
code..To start with :)

Thanks for the support!

Re: 4.1 Render Cycle

Posted by Ted Steen <te...@gmail.com>.