Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by cib <c....@laposte.net> on 2001/08/17 23:41:44 UTC

urls mix up

Hi
I'm getting a bit mixed up with urls inside Tomcat, each application , Cocoon.
Just a few questions

- how do I get the sitemap to just point to an index.html page in the same directory ( generator doesn't seem to work with a <map:match pattern="*"> on a file already in html format)
(by the way, I'm sure I have read a thread on this but couldn't find it: is there a faq, other from the installation faq on apache site?)

-How do I set up Tomcat to point to cocoon as localhost: actually, I've got http://localhost/cocoon/myfile, and I'd like to have just localhost pointing directly to myfile? I suppose I really can't avoid to install Apache, and run Tomcat as service, instead of my simple Tomcat / Cocoon  application.

I hope I'll soon be able to answer questions on this mailing list, because for the moment I seem to really make you work a lot.
Thanks for your help.

Cib

France, Bordeaux, xml and gay pride.

RE: urls mix up

Posted by Luca Morandini <l....@tin.it>.
> -How do I set up Tomcat to point to cocoon as localhost: actually, I've >
got http://localhost/cocoon/myfile, and I'd like to have just localhost >
pointing directly to myfile? I suppose I really can't avoid to install > >
Apache, and run Tomcat as service, instead of my simple Tomcat / Cocoon  >
application.

    You can use Apache URI-rewriting capability to achieve this. Check the
Cocoon2 FAQ on this subject.

Best regards,

               Luca Morandini
               GIS Consultant
            lmorandini@ieee.org
          +39 0744 59  85  1 Office
          +39 0335 681 02 12 Mobile

RE: urls mix up

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <vg...@yahoo.com>.
  I'm getting a bit mixed up with urls inside Tomcat, each application ,
Cocoon.
  Just a few questions

  - how do I get the sitemap to just point to an index.html page in the same
directory ( generator doesn't seem to work with a <map:match pattern="*"> on
a file already in html format)
  (by the way, I'm sure I have read a thread on this but couldn't find it:
is there a faq, other from the installation faq on apache site?)

Check following sitemap snippet (from stock sitemap):
   <map:match pattern="images/**.jpg">
    <map:read src="resources/images/{1}.jpg" mime-type="image/jpg"/>
   </map:match>
What you need is:
   <map:match pattern="your-pattern">
    <map:read src="index.html" mime-type="text/html"/>
   </map:match>

  -How do I set up Tomcat to point to cocoon as localhost: actually, I've
got http://localhost/cocoon/myfile, and I'd like to have just localhost
pointing directly to myfile? I suppose I really can't avoid to install
Apache, and run Tomcat as service, instead of my simple Tomcat / Cocoon
application.

You can install cocoon as ROOT application, in server.xml:
          <Context path="" docBase="C:/path/to/webapp" debug="0"/>
And (hopefully) it will work.

Vadim

Re: urls mix up

Posted by giacomo <gi...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 17 Aug 2001, cib wrote:

> Hi
> I'm getting a bit mixed up with urls inside Tomcat, each application , Cocoon.
> Just a few questions
>
> - how do I get the sitemap to just point to an index.html page in the same directory ( generator doesn't seem to work with a <map:match pattern="*"> on a file already in html format)
> (by the way, I'm sure I have read a thread on this but couldn't find it: is there a faq, other from the installation faq on apache site?)

Use a Reader (look into the example siteamp.xmap searching for
'map:reader' and 'map:read'.

> -How do I set up Tomcat to point to cocoon as localhost: actually, I've got http://localhost/cocoon/myfile, and I'd like to have just localhost pointing directly to myfile? I suppose I really can't avoid to install Apache, and run Tomcat as service, instead of my simple Tomcat / Cocoon  application.

rename the cocoon context directory (in webapps) to ROOT.

Giacomo