Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com> on 2005/03/05 11:41:46 UTC

[ANN] Do not say it's urgent or you need a reply ASAP!

For whoever cares to listen, please do not use sentences like "it's urgent"
or "please reply ASAP", etc in your emails. This annoys me like nothing
else. And you won't get a better service (quite the opposite).

What's urgent for you is NOOOOOOOTTTTTTTT urgent for me or someone else. If
you want to get a special service only for you, consider paying for some
Cactus committer's services and he will dedicate time for you.

Another way of getting prompt answers is to participate to the development
of Cactus (by answering mailing lists emails for example, submitting
documentation patches, etc). This will raise your visibility and I can tell
you people will answer more quickly to your questions. Strangely the people
who always say that it's URGENT or use the ASAP word are the one that
participate the less. I guess they are either simply selfish people or they
do not understand at all how open source work.