Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/20 11:11:54 UTC

[API] I'll most certainly start to cut a new release this week-end

Hi guys,

we have injected some major fixes in the code recently, and I may start
a release soon. This is mainly about the OID class fix (long numbers
weren't handled correctly which is a real problem for some OID Radovan
is manipulating), the LdifAnonymizer has been imrpoved and a few code
fixes have been injected by Stefan.

Thoughts ?

Re: [API] I'll most certainly start to cut a new release this week-end

Posted by Shawn McKinney <sm...@apache.org>.
> On Nov 20, 2015, at 7:58 AM, Shawn McKinney <sm...@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> On Nov 20, 2015, at 4:11 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> we have injected some major fixes in the code recently, and I may start
>> a release soon. This is mainly about the OID class fix (long numbers
>> weren't handled correctly which is a real problem for some OID Radovan
>> is manipulating), the LdifAnonymizer has been imrpoved and a few code
>> fixes have been injected by Stefan.
>
> Any chance we can get this fix into next release?
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-263

FYI, this issue has been resolved.  It was a problem in the ldap client program - openldap accelerator.

Thanks,

Shawn

Re: [API] I'll most certainly start to cut a new release this week-end

Posted by Shawn McKinney <sm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
> Hi guys,
>
> we have injected some major fixes in the code recently, and I may start
> a release soon. This is mainly about the OID class fix (long numbers
> weren't handled correctly which is a real problem for some OID Radovan
> is manipulating), the LdifAnonymizer has been imrpoved and a few code
> fixes have been injected by Stefan.
>
> Thoughts ?
I'll postpone the release until
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSTUDIO-1078 is fixed.

This is really a problematic one, as we 'normalize' the filter when we
shouldn't, but changing this would most certainly have some impact all
over the server and Studio :/

Investigation is on its way.