Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Hiro Gangwani <hi...@tcs.com> on 2013/11/20 09:41:04 UTC

Pig 0.12.0 issue wirth Hadoop 2.2

Dear Team,

I have downloaded 0.12.0 version of pig and trying to use with Hadoop 2.2
version. While executing the pig scripts either in local or map reduce
mode getting following exception.

ERROR org.apache.pig.tools.pigstats.SimplePigStats - ERROR 2997: Unable to
recreate exception from backend error: Unexpected System Error Occured:
java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Found interface
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.JobContext, but class was expected

Upon looking at the error and jar files i found JobContext in pig jar file
is Class while in hadoop-mapreduce-client-core.2.2.0.jar file is
Interface. Is there any fix for this issue or we have to build the pig jar
file again. Please suggest. I looked at following thread.

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/pig-user/201310.mbox/%3C5269CAB9.7010807@namictech.com%3E

Please suggest as i am unable to proceed on development front.

Thanks & Regards,
Hiro Rahandomal Gangwani
Tata Consultancy Services
Mailto: hiro.gangwani@tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com
Experience certainty.   IT Services
                        Business Solutions
                        Consulting
and any attachments. Thank you

Re: Pig 0.12.0 issue wirth Hadoop 2.2

Posted by Ruslan Al-Fakikh <me...@gmail.com>.
I've had a similar issue before. Not sure if I had the same versions. This
helped me :
The solution was to compile with  -Dhadoopversion=23 option
20 нояб. 2013 г. 12:41 пользователь "Hiro Gangwani" <hi...@tcs.com>