Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by mabi <ma...@protonmail.ch> on 2017/12/10 22:16:32 UTC

robots.txt Disallow not respected

Hello,

I am crawling my website with Nutch 2.3.1 and somehow Nutch does not respect the robots.txt Disallow from my website. I have the following very simple robots.txt file:

Disallow: /wpblog/feed/

Still the /wpblog/feed/ URL gets parsed and finally indexed.

Do I need to enable anything special in the nutch-site.xml config file maybe?

Thanks,
Mabi
​

​

Re: robots.txt Disallow not respected

Posted by Chris Mattmann <ma...@apache.org>.
FWIW, in versions of Nutch post 1.10, there is a robots.whitelist property that you can use
to whitelist sites to ignore robots.txt explicitly.

Cheers,
Chris

On 12/12/17, 2:32 PM, "Sebastian Nagel" <wa...@googlemail.com> wrote:

    :)