Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM> on 2006/11/01 17:59:05 UTC

New way of adding internationalized messages. This affects the Derby Reference Guide.

My last checkin (469975, DERBY-1868) changed the way that we add
internationalized messages to the Derby engine. There is now a file of
xml descriptors (java/engine/org/apache/derby/loc/messages.xml). This is
where we should add new engine messages. As part of adding a new
message, you will want to give friendly names to the message
arguments--these friendly names will appear in the SQLState tables in
the Derby Reference Guide.

Please do not edit java/engine/apache/derby/loc/messages.xml. This file
has been removed from code management and is now generated from
messages.xml during the Derby build.

Thanks,
-Rick

Re: New way of adding internationalized messages. This affects the Derby Reference Guide.

Posted by Laura Stewart <sc...@gmail.com>.
On 11/3/06, Rick Hillegas <Ri...@sun.com> wrote:
> Thanks, Laura. This looks great. I have added a sentence to messages.xml
> which directs message writers to your web page for guidance.

Thanks!

I will also add examples of "good" and "bad" messages to help guide
people when they write new messages.

--
Laura Stewart

Re: New way of adding internationalized messages. This affects the Derby Reference Guide.

Posted by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM>.

Posted by Laura Stewart <sc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM>.

Posted by Laura Stewart <sc...@gmail.com>.