Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sierra <kr...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/01 14:30:00 UTC

Re: Apache + Tomcat Integration

Hi,

I have made the integration work.

I did changes to the indexpage of apache (i.e. I included frameset and
called my tomcat page)

I have removed virtual host from http file and made it simple by inlusind
only location..

<Location "/AjaxSample">
JkUriSet worker ajp13:127.0.0.1:8009
</Location>

Its redirecting to my tomcat.

TIll now its okei, but for displaying static pages I have included the files
in httpd doc, and its working fine but I want to make it in another location
so that I can put my files in a different location. How can I do?

~Kranthi

Sierra wrote:

> Hi Filip,
>
> I have done with mod_jk2 and I have included the following in httpd.conf
>
> NameVirtualHost 192.168.139.202:80
>
> <VirtualHost 192.168.139.202:80>
>     ServerAdmin IntranetTeam@SierraAtlantic.com
>    DocumentRoot /usr/Images
> <Directory "/home/oracle/tomcat/webapps/AjaxSample">
> AllowOverride AuthConfig
> </Directory>
> ServerName  warriors
> ServerAlias 192.168.139.202:80
> ErrorLog /home/error.log
> CustomLog /home/access.log combined
> <Location "/AjaxSample">
> JkUriSet worker ajp13:localhost:8009
> </Location>
> <Location "/AjaxSample/*">
> JkUriSet worker ajp13:localhost:8009
> </Location>
> </VirtualHost>
>
> I am getting a tree structure(Index of/ and listing the files) of my
> document root instead of web appln.
>
> -Kranthi
>
> Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
>>
>> ouch, JK2 has been deprecated for almost three years now,
>>
>> use mod_jk, it's being maintained and patches kept up to date or use
>> mod_proxy for http proxying
>>
>> Filip
>>
>> Sierra wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I am very bew to Linux and I have been given a task to integrate Apache
>>> and
>>> Tomcat.
>>>
>>> I got a document and integrated but the output I am getting is [B]It
>>> works[/B].
>>> I want to get my home page with my IP. but If I give Ip followed by
>>> 7080(full URL)  I am able to see the home page.
>>>
>>> I used jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk2-2.0.4-src.tar.tar and
>>> libtool-1.5.8.tar.tar.
>>>

>>> jk2.properties:
>>> [CODE]
>>> channelSocket.port=8009
>>> channelSocket.address=127.0.0.1
>>> channelSocket.maxThreads=300[/CODE]
>>>
>>> httpd.conf
>>> I have added these lines..
>>>
>>> [CODE]LoadModule jk2_module libexec/mod_jk2.so
>>>
>>> <Location "/AjaxSample">
>>> JkUriSet worker ajp13:127.0.0.1:8009
>>> </Location>
>>> <Location "/AjaxSample/*">
>>> JkUriSet worker ajp13:127.0.0.1:8009
>>> </Location>[/CODE]
>>>
>>> workers2.properties
>>>
>>> [CODE][shm]
>>> file=/usr/local/apache2/logs/shm.file
>>> size=1048576
>>>
>>> # socket channel
>>> [channel.socket:localhost:8009]
>>> port=8009