Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by TJ Frazier <tj...@cfl.rr.com> on 2013/06/10 00:22:55 UTC

Ave atque vale

Dear friends,

Due to a terminal medical diagnosis, I am withdrawing from most
participation in ASF and AOO. I will try to arrange a death notice, so
that my privileges can be revoked at that time. Meanwhile, I may be able
to kibitz a little.

I am unsubscribing from all lists but Announce, but will be available
(maybe) through email / wiki.

It's been fun.

/tj/

Re: Ave atque vale

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Sun, Jun 9, 2013 at 6:22 PM, TJ Frazier <tj...@cfl.rr.com> wrote:
> Dear friends,
>
> Due to a terminal medical diagnosis, I am withdrawing from most
> participation in ASF and AOO. I will try to arrange a death notice, so that
> my privileges can be revoked at that time. Meanwhile, I may be able to
> kibitz a little.

T.J.,

Words are inadequate to express the sadness that I and other project
members feel at hearing this somber news.  My thoughts and prayers are
with you.

I'm proud to have worked with you on the OpenOffice project.

Regards,

-Rob

Re: Ave atque vale

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org>.
Really sad news, hope the best for you.

On 6/9/13, TJ Frazier <tj...@cfl.rr.com> wrote:
> Dear friends,
>
> Due to a terminal medical diagnosis, I am withdrawing from most
> participation in ASF and AOO. I will try to arrange a death notice, so
> that my privileges can be revoked at that time. Meanwhile, I may be able
> to kibitz a little.
>
> I am unsubscribing from all lists but Announce, but will be available
> (maybe) through email / wiki.
>
> It's been fun.
>
> /tj/

Alexandro Colorado
Apache OpenOffice Contributor
http://es.openoffice.org

Re: Ave atque vale

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
Raphael Bircher wrote:
> Am 10.06.13 00:22, schrieb TJ Frazier:
>> Dear friends,
>> Due to a terminal medical diagnosis, I am withdrawing from most
>> participation in ASF and AOO. I will try to arrange a death notice, so
>> that my privileges can be revoked at that time. Meanwhile, I may be
>> able to kibitz a little.
> I beleve it's hard for us all to replay such a message. I think it's
> hard to imagine how you feel now. Look, this project is a tecnical
> project. It's about one and zero's. But behind this bits and bytes are
> peoples. And even we don't know sameone in person, he counts to the AOO
> team. I hope you have good family members and friends around you, and I
> wish you the power of the world for the hard task in front of you.

+1. Thank you TJ for everything you've done so far. And best wishes for
your coming battles, that are far more important than software.

Best regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Ave atque vale

Posted by Raphael Bircher <r....@gmx.ch>.
Dear TJ

I CCed you in the e-Mail.

Am 10.06.13 00:22, schrieb TJ Frazier:
> Dear friends,
>
> Due to a terminal medical diagnosis, I am withdrawing from most
> participation in ASF and AOO. I will try to arrange a death notice, so
> that my privileges can be revoked at that time. Meanwhile, I may be
> able to kibitz a little.
I beleve it's hard for us all to replay such a message. I think it's
hard to imagine how you feel now. Look, this project is a tecnical
project. It's about one and zero's. But behind this bits and bytes are
peoples. And even we don't know sameone in person, he counts to the AOO
team. I hope you have good family members and friends around you, and I
wish you the power of the world for the hard task in front of you.

In thoughts I am with you

> I am unsubscribing from all lists but Announce, but will be available
> (maybe) through email / wiki.
>
> It's been fun.
Thanks! We will miss you

Raphael