Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Igor Chudov <ic...@yahoo.com> on 2005/05/12 16:41:14 UTC

strange error after new mod_perl update

I have a custom Handler, that does not do anything
very special. I get this cryptic error.

Can't locate object method "read" via package
"Apache2::RequestRec" at (eval 26) line 5, <CONFIG>
line 522.\n, referer: http://dsl.algebra.com/ algebra/homework/word/numbers/04-num.wpm

- Igor

__________________________________
Yahoo! Mail Mobile
http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail

Re: strange error after new mod_perl update

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.
On Thu, 12 May 2005, Igor Chudov wrote:

> I have a custom Handler, that does not do anything
> very special. I get this cryptic error.
>
> Can't locate object method "read" via package
> "Apache2::RequestRec" at (eval 26) line 5, <CONFIG> line
> 522.\n, referer: http://dsl.algebra.com/
> algebra/homework/word/numbers/04-num.wpm
>
> - Igor

For errors like this, often ModPerl::MethodLookup can help:
  bash$ perl -MModPerl::MethodLookup -e print_method read
See
 http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/api/ModPerl/MethodLookup.html
for more details.

--