Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Lili Liu <ll...@inxight.com> on 2004/05/10 01:30:28 UTC

proxy authentication

My proxy authentication code (basic host) works well unless I ran it on a
special IP address.
The internet traffic on this special IP has to go through a proxy server
(The same proxy I used in the code).
In another word, if I access internet using a browser, I have to specify a
valid proxy server. Otherwise, there is no internet access.

My proxy authentication code is as follows:

			client.getState().setAuthenticationPreemptive(true);
			client.getHostConfiguration().setProxy(proxyhost,
80);
			client.getState().setProxyCredentials(null,
proxyhost,
						 new
UsernamePasswordCredentials(proxyusername, proxypwd));

And I got the follwing error msg:

May 9, 2004 4:13:01 PM org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase
readResponseBody
WARNING: Response content length is not known
status is .....504
Proxy Error ( Connection timed out )
Via: 1.1 PROXY02

Pragma: no-cache

Cache-Control: no-cache

If I ran the program not from the special IP address, I got following
success msg:

May 9, 2004 4:07:01 PM org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase
processAuthenticationResponse
Via: 1.1 PROXY02

Proxy-Connection: Keep-Alive

Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.1

Date: Sun, 09 May 2004 23:07:01 GMT

WWW-Authenticate: Basic realm="INXIGHT"

---------------Basic realm="INXIGHT"
Trying basic authetication
OK
200

Any help is appreciated!
lili

Re: proxy authentication

Posted by Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>.
Hi lili,

It sounds like an internal problem with the proxy server, but it's
difficult to tell.  If you post a wire log
<http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/logging.html> we should
be able to get a better idea of what's happening.

Mike