Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Saddest OfAllKeys <ke...@yahoo.com> on 2002/03/30 19:19:19 UTC

performance

I have tentative approval to go ahead with Jetspeed
for a project.

Performance and scale is a concern.  I'm looking for
ideas about improving these issues by configuring
Jetspeed.

For example, it seems to me that if I disallow patron
customization of a portal, that that would improve
performance because hopefully I can avoid hitting the
database.

Another example might be to turn off Jetspeed logging.

Another ideas? The upshot is that I want to streamline
Jetspeed, even if it does reduce the "portal
experience" for the end user.

thanks in advance,
Mike

Re: performance