Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by DSuiter RDX <ds...@rdx.com> on 2013/10/10 15:14:16 UTC

Read Avro schema automatically?

Hi,

We are working on building a MapReduce program that takes Avro input from
HDFS, gets the timestamp, and counts the number of events written in any
given day. We would like to make a program that does not need to have the
Avro data declared previously, rather, it would be best if it could read
the schema, determine the data type from the schema, and assign it for the
mapper. Is this possible?

*Devin Suiter*
Jr. Data Solutions Software Engineer
Google Voice: 412-256-8556 | www.rdx.com