Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Christian Rygg <on...@crygg.com> on 2005/09/12 14:29:06 UTC

Restart on new domain?

Not sure if this is the correct James mailinglist to send to, but I hope
so ;)

I'm looking for an open source mail server, and James seems to be the best
one for my needs. But I have one problem - my solution will need to add
new domains quite often (maybe a few times pr. day?), and as far as I can
see, this requires a restart of the mail server. Is this correct? If so -
what happens if a mail message arrives at the server while James is
restarting? Will it be buffered or will it tell the sender to retry later?

Is it possible to run several instances of James without using huge
amounts of resources - some sort of pooling - inside the same JVM?

Any other ideas as to how to use James to server many (possibly hundreds)
domains on one physical server, and add domains automatically (through an
API for instance), without haveing downtime?

Best regards,

Christian Rygg