Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by Angeshwar Deepak <an...@yahoo.com> on 2004/08/17 11:21:23 UTC

making i build sucessfull despite failure

Hi,

How do I make a build sucessfull even though there are
a couple of files missing. i want the build to proceed
after building the site with error.

how and where should i set the setting to show a
sucessfull build ?

Someone please suggest a solution.

bye,
with regards,
Deepak.

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Re: making i build sucessfull despite failure

Posted by Angeshwar Deepak <an...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

Thanks a lot, thats exatly the one I wanted. The
probem is that in my javadoc, i have the index.html
file which has <frame> tag, when i convert the html
file to well formed html using tidy, and then pass it
to forrest, forrest 'swallowed' or made the frame tag
'dissappear' because frame tag comes outside the body
tag.

So i created a dummy file x.html from where i call the
index.html using iframe tag. it worked fine but since
it referred to index.html, forrest kept nagging me abt
the index.html file.

now i am able to avoid the nagging part. and javadoc
report to the site is fine.

maybe the developers-should look into the situation
where a ihtml file has frame tag embedded. in such a
case, the frame tag disappears when the html file
comes out of forrest. Is this a problem? or could this
be avoided?

bye,
with regards,
Deepak.

--- Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net> wrote:

> Angeshwar Deepak wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > How do I make a build sucessfull even though there
> are
> > a couple of files missing. i want the build to
> proceed
> > after building the site with error.
> >
> > how and where should i set the setting to show a
> > sucessfull build ?
> >
> > Someone please suggest a solution.
> >
> > bye,
> > with regards,
> > Deepak.
> >

> What do you mean proceed after building?  Are you
> using forrestbot?
>
> http://forrest.apache.org/faq.html#ignoring_javadocs
> shows how you can
> configure your project to ignore links to certain
> files.  You could do
> this for all the ones that break.
>
> --
> Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net