Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by OpenP2M Open <op...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/10 22:37:17 UTC

Classpath Problem

Hi,

I'm migrating an application from one server to another. On the old server
the application runs perfectly, but on the new one I'm getting this message
of error only on the .jsp that are in subfolders (when I move then to root
folder they run ok):

An error occurred at line: 8 in the generated java fileOnly a type can be
imported. glauber.banco.Filter resolves to a package

The .jsp's that are on /public_html run ok

When I create a subforlder and put the same .jsps they get that error
message above.

I'm thinking the root folder has a different classpath than the
subfolders...

Does anyone know what is the problem and how to fix?

Thank You

Glauber

Re: Classpath Problem

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.
What I thought ... you can't have appBase from the Host element the same
as the docBase for your webapp.  Make the appBase something else ...
anything else.  It could be an empty directory.  It won't matter as long
as it isn't the same as the path of your webapp.

Also it's been recommended for many years now not to put <Context ... />
elements in the server.xml.  They should each be in their own xml file
stored under conf/Catalina/DOMAIN_WITHOUT_WWW in your case with the file
named after the context path.  Your first app below would be named
ROOT.xml and it would contain the following:

<Context reloadable="true"
                docBase="/home/sttpwcm/public_html" debug="1">
    <Resource name="jdbc/sttp" auth="Container" type="javax.sql.DataSource"
                      maxActive="4" maxIdle="30" maxWait="8000"
                      username="USERNAME" password="PASSWORD"
                      driverClassName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"

url="jdbc:mysql://localhost/DATABASE?autoReconnect=true"></Resource>
    </Context>

Note I dropped the path attribute from your <Context ... > element.
That's because the path is really specified by the name of the file,
ROOT which is a special name to tomcat meaning path=""

--David

Re: Classpath Problem

Posted by OpenP2M Open <op...@gmail.com>.
Hi,