Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org> on 2020/03/08 21:29:37 UTC

Please check master branch build before merging

To ensure that our projects are stable, we're testing all our projects with a matrix of OSes and JDKs (and in case of plugin Maven versions)

The master status can be found at (this static page is updated once per day!):
https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Maven/job/dist-tool-plugin/site/dist-tool-master-jobs.html

It is possible to have all blue (/green). Even after adding new JDKs and Central switching to https I've been able to get all masters back to stable.

As you might see right now a couple are failing. It might be an infra issue (broken Jenkins node) in which case you can exclude that node [1].
For the same reason, start with a branch before pushing to master. Once you've seen all blue on the branch, you should merge back to master.

If tests are broken, I will ask the committer to fix his commit. If that requires some assistance, I can help.

thanks,
Robert

[1] https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/maven-jenkins-env.git

Re: Please check master branch build before merging

Posted by Elliotte Rusty Harold <el...@ibiblio.org>.
I'll take a look at the doxia-site-tools issues.

I think the maven-shared-utils issues have something to do with
Windows. I filed 862 for this:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MSHARED-862

Perhaps someone who works on Windows can investigate.

It would be helpful if we could hook Jenkins directly into Github as
Travis and CircleCI do, do we don't have to go hunting for the CI
results.

--
Elliotte Rusty Harold
elharo@ibiblio.org