Posted to dev@creadur.apache.org by Robert Burrell Donkin <rd...@apache.org> on 2013/07/31 21:32:44 UTC

Preparing to Release Rat 0.10...

There seems consensus that we should start preparing to release Apache
Rat 0.10 and, unless anyone else wants to jump in, I'm happy to act as
release manager. I'll aim to cut a release candidate this weekend, so if
anyone has anything else that needs to be taken care of before then,
please jump in.

I've regenerated and updated the website based on the latest code:
http://creadur.apache.org/rat/. If anyone has a few cycles to review,
that'd be great.

There are notes on the Apache release process here[1]. Rat uses Maven,
so I'll cut and sign the artefacts before uploading them to staging
(hopefully this weekend). Then comes the vote to.

Questions...?
Objections...?

Robert
[1] http://www.apache.org/dev/release-publishing.html

Re: [WAS Re: Preparing to Release Rat 0.10...]

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 3 August 2013 14:33, Robert Burrell Donkin
<ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> On 07/31/13 20:32, Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
>>
>> There seems consensus that we should start preparing to release Apache
>> Rat 0.10 and, unless anyone else wants to jump in, I'm happy to act as
>> release manager. I'll aim to cut a release candidate this weekend, so if
>> anyone has anything else that needs to be taken care of before then,
>> please jump in.
>

> I've taken a look at a dry run, and everything looks okay to me
>
> The next stage will be to cut, sign and upload a release candidate to the
> staging nexus repository[1].
>
> Any objections before I cut a release candidate...?

Go for it.

If there are issues, it's easy enough to respin the release candidate.

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.