Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Andor Molnar <an...@cloudera.com> on 2018/02/02 09:07:24 UTC

ZooKeeper 3.4.11 bug: dataDir and dataLogDir swapped

Hi all,

Please be aware that 3.4.11 has a quite unfortunate bug which causes
ZooKeeper to swap dataDir and dataLogDir parameters. If you configured ZK
to use separate txn and snapshot folders in these two options and plan to
upgrade, you'll experience that ZK is trying to load transaction logs from
snapshot folder and vica versa.

Fix is on the way, 3.4.12 will be released soon and it's recommended to
postpone upgrading ZooKeeper until that.

*dev*
I think it'd be useful to add a similar warning message to the Releases
page too.

Regards,
Andor

Re: ZooKeeper 3.4.11 bug: dataDir and dataLogDir swapped

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
This is a good point Andor. I've updated the release page on the website to
reflect the regression addressed in ZOOKEEPER-2960 and upcoming fix.

Thanks!

Patrick

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.