Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Akila Ravihansa Perera <ra...@wso2.com> on 2014/05/08 04:31:17 UTC

Commits enabled payload parameter

Hi,

Can someone explain the purpose of having "commits enabled" parameter
in the payload. Looks like the cartridge agent is periodically
checking the Git repo and pushing changes if this is enabled. But do
we need that in all types of cartridges (for eg - data cartridge)?
Besides we cannot set Repo URL or Commits enabled parameters for data
cartridges from the UI (Management console). IMO, this parameter
should be optional.

Thanks

PS - Would be nice to have a Wiki page to explain all payload parameters :)

--
Akila Ravihansa Perera
Software Engineer

Phone: +94 77 64 154 38
Blog: http://ravihansa3000.blogspot.com

Re: Commits enabled payload parameter

Posted by Mariangela Hills <ma...@wso2.com>.
Hi Akila,

Page [1] discusses auto commit.  While, [2] and [3] mention how it can be
used. Please let me know whether any more information needs to be added to
these pages.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STRATOS/4.0.0+Artifact+Distribution+Coordinator#id-4.0.0ArtifactDistributionCoordinator-AutoCommit

 [2]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STRATOS/4.0.0+subscribe-cartridge

[3]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STRATOS/4.0.0+Subscribing+to+a+Cartridge

Regards,
Mariangela

*--*
Mariangela Hills
Senior Technical Writer

*WSO2, Inc.*lean.enterprise.middleware.
m: +94 773 500185
w: http://wso2.com
<http://wso2.com/events/>

Posted by Isuru Haththotuwa <is...@wso2.com>.
<ra...@wso2.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can someone explain the purpose of having "commits enabled" parameter
> in the payload. Looks like the cartridge agent is periodically
> checking the Git repo and pushing changes if this is enabled. But do
> we need that in all types of cartridges (for eg - data cartridge)?
> Besides we cannot set Repo URL or Commits enabled parameters for data
> cartridges from the UI (Management console). IMO, this parameter
> should be optional.

What is the default behavior here? If the default behavior is false, IMO we
can set it to true when required.

> Thanks
>
> PS - Would be nice to have a Wiki page to explain all payload parameters :)

+1. However, given the amount of changes that are happening, specially
since there will be lot of changes for 4.1.0, it might be better  to wait
till these changes are in. Else we might have to change the payload
parameters list very frequently. Just my opinion though. If all agree to
have a page on what we have now, +1 for that.

> --
> Akila Ravihansa Perera
> Software Engineer
> WSO2 Inc.