Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Adrian C <ad...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/15 16:06:29 UTC

.net ws-addressing & relationship type

if I use a .net client to consume my web service I am getting errors when
ws-addressing is used:
InnerException	{"WSE205: RelationshipType attribute can only be of reply
type. The following value was found: reply."}	System.Exception
{Microsoft.Web.Services3.Addressing.AddressingFormatException}

seems to expect the RelationshipType attribute value to be different - i
don't get it!

The soap header generated by cxf looks fine:
	<soap:Header>
		<MessageID
			xmlns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/08/addressing">
			urn:uuid:8504dd78-06aa-4c6b-b589-ad703ae19bbe
		</MessageID>
		<To xmlns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/08/addressing">
			http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/08/addressing/role/anonymous
		</To>
		<RelatesTo
			xmlns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/08/addressing"
			RelationshipType="reply">
			urn:uuid:b33fc856-dbae-4034-ac6f-e2d53b593722
		</RelatesTo>
		<Action
			xmlns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/08/addressing">
			http://www.daon.com/ws/de/IdentityManagement/CreateIdentity
		</Action>
	</soap:Header>

Get the feeling its expecting wsa:Reply as the attribute! Do anyone have any
ideas what is going on?

Re: .net ws-addressing & relationship type

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <se...@iona.com>.
Hi Adrian

Great...

I'm using a Tortoise SVN client, so it has an option CreatePatch...Not sure how to create it from a command line. Then you need to
create a JIRA and attach a patch to it and then ask for this patch be applied

Thanks, Sergey

Posted by Adrian C <ad...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sergey,

Posted by Adrian C <ad...@gmail.com>.
Yeah that did the trick - thanks

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
Adrian,

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer

Re: .net ws-addressing & relationship type

Posted by Adrian Corcoran <ad...@gmail.com>.
Think you may be right about dropping it if it is a reply.

Would love to try and fix this (and a few other thing ) but am having
problems when trying to build trunk/2.0.3. or 2.0.2 at the moment I am
getting errors. Am getting:

Project ID: null:maven-project:jar:2.0.1
Reason: Cannot find parent: org.apache.mvane:maven for project
null:maven-project:jar:2.0.1 for project null:maven-project:jar:2.0.1

On Nov 15, 2007 3:34 PM, Sergey Beryozkin <se...@iona.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure but may be it should be
>
> http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing/reply ,
>
> "
> /wsa:RelatesTo/@RelationshipType
> This OPTIONAL attribute (of type xs:anyURI) conveys the relationship type as an IRI. When absent, the implied value of this
> attribute is "http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing/reply".
>
> "
> or better yet, it should be dropped altogether ? Perhaps modifying the cxf ws-addressing code can help to find the truth...
>

> It's somewhat orthogonal but a cxf response not look good with respect to namespaces... I thought it was discussed earlier, but not
> sure if some work was done...
>
> Namespace declarations should really go to soap:envelope, otherwise, if a message is large, then duplicate namespace declarations
> will take up to 30% of the total message size. There's a number of ways to ensure that soap:envelope keeps all the ns
> declarations...
>
> Cheers, Sergey

Registered Number: 171387