Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Vamsi Ambati <va...@neumob.com> on 2016/11/17 21:40:59 UTC

Jemalloc free

I am running traffic_server with -f option and  using Jemalloc, then would ‘free' routine release the memory to the OS  or it internally holds it for future mallocs ?

  Vamsi

Re: Jemalloc free

Posted by Bryan Call <bc...@apache.org>.
Yes, the -f option would possibly free memory back to the OS, depending on the memory management library.  jemalloc does keep around some amount of memory to reuse.

-Bryan

Re: Jemalloc free

Posted by Bryan Call <bc...@apache.org>.