Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Chiran Jain <ic...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/17 01:35:13 UTC

Regarding the Producers and Consumers of Kafka

Query: Making an interface of router as the producer of kafka cluster.

Issue: My router's interface can push the data to the port on which kafka
is running. (by                     default 9092).
          Q. 1 But can the kafka broker accept this data without a topic
being created ?
          Q. 2 Can a kafka consumer pull data without specifying a topic ?

          If yes, How ?

          If not, What is work around this and how can i achieve this ?

Solution:

Thank You.

Chiran Jain

Re: Regarding the Producers and Consumers of Kafka

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
Kafka topics are auto created by default. A consumer can specify a regex
".*" if it wants to consumer all topics.

Thanks,

Jun