Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by jochenw <jo...@googlemail.com> on 2017/01/04 12:37:11 UTC

Persistence bundle waiting for namespace handler transactions v2.0.0

Hello,

not sure whether to better place this question here or in the Apache Aries
mailing list - trying here first :

For persistence, I'm using the jpa 2.4.0, eclipselink 2.6.1, transaction
1.3.0 features (with Karaf 4.0.7). In the persistence bundle's
blueprint.xml:

xmlns:jpa="http://aries.apache.org/xmlns/jpa/v2.0.0"
xmlns:tx="http://aries.apache.org/xmlns/transactions/v2.0.0"

and

<jpa:enable />
<tx:enable />

then using the respective annotations in the DAO classes.

Many times, everything starts correctly with Karaf startup. However, I can
also see the following in karaf.log quite often:

<persistence bundle> is waiting for namespace handlers
[http://aries.apache.org/xmlns/transactions/v2.0.0]

Checking the availability of the namespace handler with "service:list | grep
namespace" on the karaf console shows that in these cases, the transaction
2.0.0 namespace is really missing, while 1.0.0, 1.1.0, 1.2.0 are there.
After some time, 2.0.0 becomes available, but the persistence bundle finally
goes into "Failure". After switching to 1.2.0 (and changing all the
annotations in DAO classes / removing annotations and define the transaction
type in blueprint.xml), it seems to work correctly. I assume that there is
some problem in the 2.1.0 version of the
org.apache.aries.transaction.blueprint bundle, since that's the one for the
2.0.0 namespace handler, 1.0.0 - 1.2.0 treated by version 1.1.1 of this
bundle. Adding a start-level 30 for this bundle in the enterprise feature
file seems to "solve" the problem, but I'm not absolutely sure about that
since it's not always reproducible, and it may just be accidental that I
haven't seen it after setting the start level (and start levels are evil
anyways ).

Has anybody observed the same behavior, and possibly knows a solution for
this?

Regards,
Jochen