Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Hrushikesh Kulkarni <hr...@yahoo.com> on 2005/05/30 08:37:17 UTC

Question: regarding savetoken/createtoken methods

Hi,

I have a question regarding savetoken/createtoken
methods in Action class.

These methods create a new token,which are unique.

I would like to know a)which algorithm /java class is
used to generate unique number(s).
b) If I include these methods with each call of
jsps(views). will there be an impact to web response
time?
will response time increase due to amount of time
required to generate unique numbers.

Thanks and Regards,
Hrushikesh.

--- dev-help@struts.apache.org wrote:
> dev@struts.apache.org mailing list.
>
> I'm working for my owner, who can be reached
> at dev-owner@struts.apache.org.
>
> Acknowledgment: I have added the address
>
>    hrushikesh_great@yahoo.com
>
> to the dev mailing list.
>
> Welcome to dev@struts.apache.org!
>
> Please save this message so that you know the
> address you are
> subscribed under, in case you later want to
> unsubscribe or change your
> subscription address.
>

> --- Administrative commands for the dev list ---
>
> I can handle administrative requests automatically.
> Please
> do not send them to the list address! Instead, send
> your message to the correct command address:
>
> To subscribe to the list, send a message to:
>    <de...@struts.apache.org>
>
> To remove your address from the list, send a message
> to:
>    <de...@struts.apache.org>
>
> Send mail to the following for info and FAQ for this
> list:
>    <de...@struts.apache.org>
>    <de...@struts.apache.org>
>
> Similar addresses exist for the digest list:
>    <de...@struts.apache.org>
>    <de...@struts.apache.org>
>
> To get messages 123 through 145 (a maximum of 100
> per request), mail:
>    <de...@struts.apache.org>
>
> To get an index with subject and author for messages
> 123-456 , mail:
>    <de...@struts.apache.org>
>
> They are always returned as sets of 100, max 2000
> per request,
> so you'll actually get 100-499.
>
> To receive all messages with the same subject as
> message 12345,
> send an empty message to:
>    <de...@struts.apache.org>
>
> The messages do not really need to be empty, but I
> will ignore
> their content. Only the ADDRESS you send to is
> important.
>
> You can start a subscription for an alternate
> address,
> for example "john@host.domain", just add a hyphen
> and your
> address (with '=' instead of '@') after the command
> word:
> <de...@struts.apache.org>
>
> To stop subscription for this address, mail:
> <de...@struts.apache.org>
>
> In both cases, I'll send a confirmation message to
> that address. When
> you receive it, simply reply to it to complete your
> subscription.
>
> If despite following these instructions, you do not
> get the
> desired results, please contact my owner at
> dev-owner@struts.apache.org. Please be patient, my
> owner is a
> lot slower than I am ;-)
>
> --- Enclosed is a copy of the request I received.

>   s=s1024; d=yahoo.com;

b=VnN5dg2KZ47M6FAfm9+qUXq1zPER/FE82JrtnplO0xuaaPnbygnvFQTTUhKrUdbHzxgq2cfsaHIl6KWSGx74JbIifbYNTjMzffcwKu8/OEjx9elqHj6I71qrRT+WkDL6F+7j7Hc11DbM1mz4HcOLhYmaXWOfAmDqDeq5uTLhg78=

dev-sc.1117365795.fbdfddklahgfcaabjifn-hrushikesh_great=yahoo.com@struts.apache.org