Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Vito Campanelli <vi...@mcgill.ca> on 2004/11/01 18:27:52 UTC

Rename File While Upload

Hi,

I am using the FileUpload 1.0 with success.

My question is, is there anyway to rename the file before it gets
uploaded?

Thanks in advance.

Vito

Re: Rename File While Upload

Posted by Martin Cooper <mf...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 12:27:52 -0500, Vito Campanelli
<vi...@mcgill.ca> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using the FileUpload 1.0 with success.
>
> My question is, is there anyway to rename the file before it gets
> uploaded?

I'm not entirely sure I understand what you mean by this. It's not
possible to rename the file on the local disk before uploading. On the
other hand, it is entirely your choice as to whether or not to use the
file name supplied by the browser when the file is uploaded.

Perhaps you could clarify what it is that you are trying to do?

--
Martin Cooper