Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Rahul Bhardwaj <ra...@indiamart.com> on 2015/05/05 10:22:16 UTC

bulk uploading

Hi All,

We have a cassandra cluster of 3 machines, which has a table containing 50
millions of rows. We are making a new cluster of 5 nodes  and we want to
migrate this table to the new cluster.

Please suggest what would be the best and least time taking process. I know
we can use sstable loader but how will it sync three nodes data into 5
nodes.

Regards:
Rahul Bhardwaj

--

Follow IndiaMART.com <http://www.indiamart.com> for latest updates on this
and more: <https://plus.google.com/+indiamart>

Re: bulk uploading

Posted by "C.B." <co...@coolbsd.com>.
I would like do live migration instead of offline bulk load.

You can make 3-node old cluster as dc1, the 5-node new cluster as dc2,
then "nodetool rebuild dc1" on dc2, in this way, you don't need to take
down the cluster to maintain consistency.

Re: bulk uploading

Posted by Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>.