Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Cenk Uysal <ce...@yahoo.com> on 2002/05/08 12:37:43 UTC

More than one transformation in one pipeline

I want to transform a xml file by xsl to another xml file and at last
to html file. That means I will apply two xsl stylesheets to one xml
document, one for getting projected xml and the other for getting the
result on screen as html page. I think it must be possible to do
these steps in one pipeline but I could not find any example.

Thanks for you helps...

http://health.yahoo.com

RE: More than one transformation in one pipeline

Posted by Cenk Uysal <ce...@yahoo.com>.
I mean such a use:

  <map:pipeline>
    <map:match pattern="*/*.*">
     <map:generate src="personnel.xml"/>
     <map:transform type="xslt" src="personnel2.xsl"/>
     <map:transform type="xslt" src="personnel.xsl"/>
     <map:serialize type="html"/>
    </map:match>
  </map:pipeline>
Is it possible? If yes, why do I get error?

I want to apply two seperate xsl stylesheets because they will be
used for different purposes, one for global needs and the other for
specific needs for that page.

Posted by Luca Morandini <lu...@tin.it>.
Cenk,

why just two XSLT ?

Why not an aggregation (though a pretty stupid one, I know), plus an XSLT,
plus an SQLTransformer, plus a FilterTransformer, plus another XSLT ?

It may be complex, but sure it is instructive :)

<map:match name="wildcard"
pattern="search-resource-block-*-of-*-elements.html">

	<map:aggregate element="page">
		<map:part src="cocoon:/all-parameters.xml"/>
	</map:aggregate>

      <map:transform src="stylesheets/search/search-resource-db.xsl"/>

	<map:transform type="sql">
		<map:parameter name="use-connection" value="noria-dev"/>
	</map:transform>

	<map:transform type="filter">
		<map:parameter name="element-name" value="row"/>
		<map:parameter name="blocknr" value="{1}"/>
        	<map:parameter name="count" value="{2}"/>
      </map:transform>

	<map:transform src="stylesheets/locate/list-resources-html.xsl">
		<map:parameter name="parameters-uri" value="cocoon:/all-parameters.xml"/>
		<map:parameter name="blocknr" value="{1}"/>
        	<map:parameter name="blocksize" value="{2}"/>
        	<map:parameter name="action" value="search-resource"/>
      </map:transform>

    	<map:serialize type="html"/>
</map:match>

               Luca Morandini