Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Nicolas De Loof <ni...@cgey.com> on 2003/11/13 08:36:40 UTC

enhancement request

Hi all,

I'm using maven with eclipse IDE. An interesting fonctionality of Eclipse (and much IDE may do same) is the ability to
attach java sources to a jar. Using maven dependencies and maven eclipse plugin to generate classpath does not set this
property.

Is they're some plan to add a new entry in repository for jar sources ?

repository
- artifact
    - jars
        foo-1.0.jar (classes)
    -sources
        foo-1.0.jar (java sources)

This way it should be easy for eclipse plugin (and others) to attach java sources and allow debuging in dependency
sources, reading javadoc and get parameters name when implementing inherited methods.

Speaking about eclipse plugin, I notice it does add "tld" dependencies when generated classpath, that causes errors on
IDE. Is this a known bug ?

Nico.