Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Tom Drake <To...@tavant.com> on 2002/12/06 20:59:23 UTC

RE: [collections][lang] Predicate etc impls, was Re: commons-coll ections: New code contribution.

Stephen:

Here's a zip file that contains my code in it's current state; not
refactored to lang. I'd greatly appreciate your comments on this.

Thanks,

Tom

From: "Tom Drake" <de...@engineer.com>
> Thanks for the note. Functors seems to contain many of the things that
I've
> also created.
> I'll look more closely at this, factor out the overlap. May I send you a
zip
> file with the
> remaining classes?
Of course, please submit ideas/patches to the list.

>  Have you considered modifying the interfaces in
> collections to
> simply extend their new counterparts in lang.functor ?
That would be my plan, yes.

Stephen

For additional commands, e-mail:
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Re: [collections][lang] Predicate etc impls, was Re: commons-collections: New code contribution.

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.
I've taken a look at the code, and there are a lot of useful facilities. As
you may have noticed from the list however, the current position with these
classes is confused. I am going to try to get the position sorted and then
your submission can be properly considered. (I basically want to avoid
duplicated and incompatable code if I can.)